The Worship Pastor is a pastoral leadership position that grows a multiplying number of worship/music volunteers who lead across the entire Campus.
- Oversee the leadership and execution of all aspects of worship and music at the Campus including Inspire Services, Worship Nights (i.e. 3rd Wed), Leadership Community, Next Gen and special ministry events.
- Use the COACHing model to recruit, shepherd and equip a team of volunteer leaders musicians and worship leaders to execute Sundays at the Campus with the goal to for grow and expand in each worship and musician role.
- Recruit, shepherd and equip a team of volunteer musicians and worship leaders to execute Sundays at the Campus with the goal to for grow and expand in each worship and musician role.
- Manage and pastorally lead all worship and musician staff/contractors and volunteers at the Campus.
- Responsible for the implementation of music, worship, and pastoral moments of the Inspire services created by Campus Services Creative Team.
- Responsible for moving all volunteers in Worship, Music, Hospitality and Stage along the Clear Simple Path from Serving to Lifegroups.
- Collaborate with the Grow team to create and lead (through volunteer leaders), a multiplying number of Lifegroups to move volunteers toward maturity.
- Oversee a Campus Music Network to reach and connect musicians at the Campus. This Network should host special events (i.e. workshops and training for musicians and worship leaders).
- Collaborate with all campuses Worship Pastors and Campus Pastors to create Worship sets.
- Utilize Decisions, Discussions, Diversities to foster an environment of unity across campuses.
- May participate on the Campus Services Creative Arts Team.
- Lead the hospitality team and stage volunteers as needed at the Campus.
- Assist other campuses as needed.
- Must have strong proficiency in worship and production with (preferably) 3 years leading worship in an artistically advanced performance venue/church
- Must be flexible and able to make changes on the fly since songs and arrangements may need to be changed on the day of performances or during rehearsals
- The ability to lead professional level musicians
- Must have good music sensibilities and “get” the Austin music vibe and culture
- Proven experience pastoring, leading, and training staff and/or volunteers
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent preferred.
Working Conditions and other information
- Sunday through Thursday schedule with added responsibilities for holidays and special events as assigned
- Required Tuesday attendance at North Campus (9-4)
- Easter- all hands-on deck for Saturday/Sunday services and events
- Christmas- all hands-on deck for our Christmas services
- Annual All Staff Retreat- Attend our two day All Staff Retreat. Dates are subject to change but typically fall on a Monday/Tuesday mid-May
- Superbull- all hands-on deck for Saturday/Sunday services during Superbull
- Attend all functions that we require of our Commissioned Core (i.e. Leadership Community, etc.)