The Story Director is part of a team responsible for producing creative, relevant and effective communication that helps people take their next step in a relationship with Jesus. The Story Director will develop and lead in visual storytelling across many platforms.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
- Produce, write, shoot, and edit projects including narrative storytelling, documentary, interview, event promotion, etc. This content will be viewed in our weekend environments as well as on various digital platforms.
- Recruit and develop creative volunteers and leaders. Build a team to assist in storytelling across many platforms.
- Member of a team that designs and produces all creative content for support of our weekend services and departmental ministries.
- Weekly creation of communication videos for weekend and digital usage.
- Remains current on technologies, trends and styles used in the marketing, design and video industries.
- Weekend role that would include, but not be limited to, directing our live-stream, camera operation, producing weekend service, etc.
Skills & Requirements
- Vibrant growing relationship with Jesus Christ
- A desire to lead, push us forward, and make us better.
- Displays high personal initiative and drive. A self-starter. Intrinsically motivated.
- Natural and excellent interpersonal skills. A talent and ability to direct the energy and emotions of on-camera talent.
- A passion for being behind the camera.
- A passion for the edit.
- Fluent in cinematic language including lighting, lens selection, shot composition, directing talent, etc.
- Comfortable working in Adobe Creative suite including Premiere, After Effects, Photoshop, and Illustrator.
- Student of the craft. Passionate about learning new techniques and pushing their craft forward.
- Passionate about communication through art.
- Loves collaboration and a team dynamic.
- Detail oriented and gets excited about organization.
- Focused on audience experience.
- Ability to take a concept from ideation to execution by themselves.
- Enjoys handling multiple projects at once.
- An ability to iterate quickly and push ideas to execution in short amounts of time.
Anticipated Time Commitments