The purpose of the Executive Director, Creative Ministries is to lead people into a growing relationship with Jesus Christ, utilizing the creative arts as an integral part of both the weekend service experience and mid-week ministries.
The Executive Director is responsible for leading and aligning the creative media and service programming departments to achieve Hope’s Vision and Mission while living out the church’s core values.
The Executive Director of Creative Ministries will report to the Executive Pastor, and will serve as a member of the church’s Executive Leadership Team. Additionally, due to the critical nature of this role for the spiritual growth through the weekend experience, this person will have significant interaction with the Lead Teaching and Founding Pastor.
The specific areas of responsibility include:
• Ensure the coordination for excellent and compelling weekend services and special programs at all campuses, creating an environment that exemplifies our mission statement of loving people where they are and encouraging them to grow in their relationship with Jesus Christ.
• Provide creativity in the approach and application to support the development of teaching series.
• Provide vision for and lead the following creative teams:
o Creative Media Team in producing all written and electronic communication, video production and editing, web and social media, graphics, and branding and marketing.
o Worship Teams in producing all worship services at all campuses on the weekends and for family ministry services during the week.
o Technical Arts Teams in the creative production of all worship services and other technical arts requirements at all campuses.
• Ensure the Creative Ministry staff is aligned to the mission and vision of Hope, exemplifying the staff values for Hope.
• Must have a level of education and experience commensurate with the position.
• A Bachelor’s degree aligned with the role is required; Master’s level degree is preferred.
• Minimum of 5 years of ministry leadership experience in a similar area of responsibility as a staff member in a large church 5000+ attendees; or serving in a significant role of similar responsibilities as part of a team in a large, multi-site church with 5000+ attendees.
• Strong knowledge of the Bible and theological application.
• Proven experience in working collaboratively with others and in team environments; influence others without direct reporting responsibility; passionately drive results through leading strategically and executing tactically; lead and shepherd creative and innovative people. Strong leadership and management are more desirable than creative skills and experience.
• Fully committed follower of Christ whose beliefs are consistent with Hope Community Church’s statement of faith, vision and mission statements. Lives a life that is consistent with Hope’s staff values.
• Personality and giftedness are aligned with the role. Known to be a person of impeccable character; and one with a strong ability to serve, encourage, & develop others as evidenced through:
If you meet the initial requirements and are interested in joining a growing church with a challenging mission, please email the following items to email@example.com.
• Your resume with cover letter explaining your ministry philosophy and what sets you apart from other applicants;
• A link to your creative portfolio;
• Links to your social media accounts.