New Hope Church, Wayne, Michigan is located in Detroit metropolitan area. We have approximately 1,500 members, offer two Sunday worship services, and sponsor over twenty-five ministries. The ideal candidate for Children’s Director will be characterized by a love for Christ, a passion to see children impacted by the gospel, and a support for the vision, mission and plans for New Hope Church. We are looking for a Children’s Director committed to providing children with a true Sunday worship experience and opportunities to learn the Gospel and serve in ministry. Our mission is, “Connecting People to Jesus and to Each Other.”
Description of Responsibilities:
- Work with the Senior Pastor and Minister of Music to plan, design and lead dynamic, inviting weekly young children's worship experience, which teaches and proclaims the Good News of Jesus Christ to all young children.
- Work with Children’s Church Musician and volunteers to direct a smooth and professional atmosphere to conduct worship service.
- Work with the Children/Youth Ministry Team volunteers to plan and offer opportunities to serve in mission projects, children/youth flag, dance and mime ministries, fellowship outings/events, and recreation.
- Manage volunteers that are responsible for admitting and releasing children from the worship services and children/youth bible study, and outings/events.
- Attend regular planning and development meetings with Children/Youth Ministry Team volunteers and church staff.
- Manage the development, production and distribution of all forms of children’s church and children/youth activities marketing materials (bulletins, social media, web postings, mailings, signage, flyers, brochures, logos, etc.), as directed by the Senior Pastor.
- Develop, implement and maintain a resource management tool (books, magazines and newspaper articles, etc.) in support of children’s church sermon development.
- Setup and maintain filing systems as needed to manage children’s church and children/youth ministry membership and contacts
- Work with Children’s Church Musician, Children/Youth Ministry Team, and other church staff, as required to plan and develop annual children’s/youth day, Easter and Christmas programs, musicals, as well as Vacation Bible School.
- Recruit families/children to participate in our church events and activities with the goal of integrating children into regular church attenders/members.
- Christian with a love for children and youth.
- The Children’s Director must have 2-3 years’ experience planning, designing and directing an inviting, loving and celebratory worship services for children and Bible study and ministry opportunities for children and youth.
- AA/BA degree in education, human service or related filed is required. Seminary training helpful.
- Ability to effectively communicate orally and in writing is required.
- The ability to work 15-20 hours a week: oversight of youth rehearsals on Saturday mornings, and attend two (2) worship services on Sundays, Monday evening Bible Study, and monthly meetings.
- Willingness to grow in faith and attend selected training as approved by Senior Pastor.
- Experience leading and working effectively with volunteers is preferred.
The Children’s Director will be responsible to the Senior Pastor. Opportunity for evaluation will take place each spring with an evaluation interview conducted by the Senior Pastor.
Position opened until filled.
Please forward a cover letter and resume to:
Velicia Humes, Ed. D.
New Hope Church-Wayne, Michigan
15 – 20 hours a week:
Sundays: 7:00 am – 1:00 pm (6 hrs.)
Mondays: 5:00 pm – 8:00 pm (3 hrs.)
Thursdays: 6:00 pm – 8:00 pm (2 hrs.)
Saturdays: 9:00 am – 12 noon (3hrs.)
Flexible Hours: (6hrs.)